Backend code is the portion of an app that:
- Runs on a computer with a copy of an iModel
- Has access to the local file system
- Can use native libraries
- See the app architecture overview for how iTwin.js apps are structured.
- See iModel contents for guidance on whether a data type belongs in the iModel or should be stored in a separate repository.
- See best practices for writing backend code.
These packages provide the following functions to support backend operations:
Working with Schemas and Elements in TypeScript
Loading and Creating Elements, ElementAspects, and Models
Dealing with Codes
For services and app backends:
- Exposing the operations of the backend as RpcInterfaces
Last Updated: 18 May, 2022